BBQ Rosemary Recipes
Rosemary and Lemon BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 to 8 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 3 to 4 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp BBQ Rosemary, chopped
Combine the ingredients in a non-reactive saucepan and whisk to mix. Let the sauce gradually come to a simmer over medium heat and simmer until thick, 8 to 10 minutes.
Grapefruit Compote in Rosemary Syrup
- 1 c sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 large grapefruit
- ½ c maraschino cherries with stems
- Garnish fresh rosemary stems
Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool completely. Remove and discard rosemary. Section the grapefruit into a large bowl while reserving juices. Pour rosemary syrup over fruit in bowl. Add cherries. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish if desired.
Chris is a professional chef and long time friend of The Arbor Gate. He prepares delicious dishes for many of the Arbor Gate events and specializes in herbal recipes.
Copyright © 2013 The Arbor Gate. All rights reserved.
Site design by gravity digital.